Home | About | Contact
Custom Search

 

neon signage great plains

 

Gaddy Drug
Muskogee, OK
Photo courtesy Greg West

Here's a neon shot of the Gaddy Drug sign. This drug store has been serving Muskogee, OK since 1949. 08-06

 

 

Meadow Gold Neon 2010
Tulsa, OK
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Route 66

Here's the historic Meadow Gold sign as it appeared in 2010 after the sign was restored. Local preservation saved this sign from the trash dump when the owners of its original site decided to demolish the building. Like its former site, the new location for this sign remains on historic Route 66.

For more information, see Roadside Peek's Spotlight on the Meadow Gold. 08-13

 

 

C&C Tile and Carpet
Tulsa, OK
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

C&C Tile and Carpet Co. has been a Tulsa staple since 1957, serving the area with carpet and flooring installations. The neon sign is a gem to see as well at night.

For more, see the C&C Tile and Carpet website. 08-17

 

 

Pioneer Cleaners and Laundry
Tulsa, OK
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here's the Pioneer Cleaners and Laundry in its lit up neon goodness. Word is that the figure in the neon sign was based upon the Ponca City, OK Pioneer Woman statue. This one is located in Tulsa, OK. Many thanks to Chet Wilson for information. 08-17

 

 

 

Atlas Life
Tulsa, OK
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

This neon blade sign sits outside of the Atlas Life Building. The building is considered Classical Revival and was designed by Rush Endacott Rush, Architects. The twelve story building was built i in 1922 and held a grand opening with an elaborate ceremony.

The blade neon sign features a great depiction of Atlas. The Atlas Life Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 19, 2009.

For more information, see the Tulsa Preservation Commission website. 08-17

 

 

Cain's Ballroom
Tulsa, OK
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here's a shot of the Cain's Ballroom at dusk in downtown Tulsa. The place was lively this evening with a crowd waiting to get in. Cain's opened in 1924 as a garage, then was renamed by Madison W. "Daddy" Cain in 1930 as Cain's Dance Academy. After some down years, it was refurbished and became Cain's Ballroom in 1978, and has been home to the Sex Pistols and several bands and music acts over the years.

Cain's was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 4, 2003. For more information, see here as well as Cain's Ballroom website. 08-17

 

QUICK LINKS


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 1998-2017 Syd Nagoshi. All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be reproduced, copied or revised without written permission of the author.