Home | About | Contact
Custom Search

 

Automobile Shops Arizona

 

Tire Centre
Phoenix, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here's an interesting sign at this Tire Centre in Phoenix. Not sure if this location was always a tire store back in the day. This sign can be seen as you enter Phoenix from the west.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moe Allen
Phoenix, AZ
Photo and info courtesy Elgin MacMillan

 

Located along 16th Street in Phoenix is the Moe Allen Inc. Auto Body Shop. Yes, that's a bear located on this sign.

I would guess that this sign was put up when the business started in 1955 - an employee told me that the original owner passed away years ago but the folks that own it now decided to keep the original sign and colors on the building. Hats off to these guys, wish we had more business owners like them.

 

 

Leo's Auto Supply (98)
Tucson, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Check out this roadside sign for Leo's Auto Supply in Tucson. Located off of Glenn and Stone Avenues, Leo's is in the same parking lot as the iconic Tucson lumberjack. 11-20

 

 

Gutierrez Tire Co. (99)
Gila Bend, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

This old roadside auto shop is the home for the Gutierrez Tire Co. Not sure if they tire shop is still around. 11/20

 

 

Diesel Sign (99)
Gila Bend , AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

At the edge of town, this Diesel sign was found along the roadside. From the looks of this place and a couple others, it appeared that wind storm had just passed through the area. 11-20

 

 

ABC Auto and Truck Center
Kingman, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here is a shot that depicts real life along the old route in Kingman, AZ. The ABC Auto and Truck Center featured a little roadside sign off the highway a couple decades ago. 09-21

 

 

24 hour Garage
Truxton, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here's the 24 Hour Garage in the Route 66 town of Truxton, AZ. Looks like this business was open for repairs back in 1998 when this photo was taken.

Truxton is a relatively young town by Route 66 standards. Truxton was first established in 1951 to capitalize on anticipated traffic from a Colorado River dam being built nearby. While the dam construction never took hold, the business kept busy by service the travlers coming down Route 66 which was the main highway between Seligman and Kingman.

Well, as you might expect, the story goes that the town of Truxton suffered for business when the Interstate was built in 1978, bypassing the town. There are still several abandoned building dotting Truxton. Unfortunately the days of acitvity in this Route 66 town are long gone. 09-21

 

 

2 Truck and Toys
Kingman, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Check out the old gas station that housed the 2 Truck and Toys business in Kingman, AZ back when this photo was taken. Refflecting a gas station of yesteryear on old Route 66 in town, the building was a good reminder of what Route 66 looked like back in the day. 09-21

 

 

Pontiac Service
Shamrock TX
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Here's an old abandoned building for the Pontiac Service center in Shamrock, TX. Located closed to the U Drop Inn, this building is located on old Route 66 and continues to fade over time. 09-21

 

 

Rock City Truck Stop
Shamrock, TX
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

See this faded site for the Rock City Truck Stop. This old faded sign features gas prices at extremely cheap prices, at least 20 years ago when this photo was taken. 09-21

 

 

Gas Staton (Abandoned)
McLean, TX
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Travel through the Texas town of McLean, TX and you will come across this abandoned Gas Station. This one has an old trailer sitting in the gas bay area. 09-21

 

 

Truck Terminal
Groom, TX
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Check out this shot of the Truck Terminal in the Route 66 town of Groom TX, home of the leaning Britten U.S.A. water tower roadside attraction. Not sure what th name was of this old business back in the day. 09-21

 

 

B&B Automotive
Seligman, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

Seligman, AZ is home to the B&B Automotive building. This location which is part of Seligman's listing on the National Register of Historic Places has been home to businesses since 1936 and was originally Donovan's Garage & Texaco Station.

Eventually the business rransitioned to Wilkinson Motors & Texaco, another Ford Dealership, and B&B Automotive which was open when this photo was taken. Most recently, the location was home to Seligman Feed & Supply. 09-21

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


QUICK LINKS


 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 1998-2021 Syd Nagoshi. All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be reproduced, copied or revised without written permission of the author.