Home | About | Contact
Custom Search

 

Roland's Market
Phoenix, AZ
AZ Other Signage | Roland's Market | AZ Signage

 

Roland's Market (Gone)
Phoenix, AZ
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

 

Roland's Market has been a Phoenix institution for many years. The building was built in 1917 then opened up as Roland's Market in 1941 by owner Roland Ong. After 30 years, Roland and his wife Jean closed down the store in 1971 and eventually sold the business. The business and building eventually deteriorated and the building was painted over with white paint. Roland's Market then became Roland's Market Cafe in 2018 but did not last the year. The building is currently home to the Pane Bianco Van Buren Italian restaurant.

See here for more information. 11-20

Close up of the Roland's script lettering on the sign
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

 

Here's a zoomed in view of the lettering in front of the market
Photo by RoadsidePeek.com

 

 

 

Here's a current view of the Roland's Market location along Van Buren St. courtesy of Google Maps.

 

 

Back to more Lost Treasures from Arizona

 

QUICK LINKS


 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 1998-2021 Syd Nagoshi. All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be reproduced, copied or revised without written permission of the author.