Home | About | Contact
Custom Search

 

Historic Sites Arizona

 

Indian Village Trading Post and La Placita Village
Tucson, AZ
Photos courtesy Gorb70

 

(Far left) The front facade

(Near left) A look at the buildings at the village

 

 

The Indian Village Trading Post has found a home at 72 E. Congress St. since at least 1956. According to the April 5, 2007 edition of the Arizona Daily Star, the trading post is moving to a smaller space at the La Placita Village on Church Avenue beginning April 15, 2007 as a new condo development is being planned for the Congress St. site. An upscale restaurant is projected to occupy the space of the Indian Village Trading Post. This building has been around for 110 years and will be restored as part of the new development. 04-07

 

 

Bell Telephone
Tucson, AZ
Photo courtesy Gorb70

In downtown Tucson is this old Bell Telephone building. 04-07

 

 

Julian Drew Building
Tucson, AZ
Photo courtesy Gorb70

Check out the Julian Drew Building in Tucson, AZ. This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996 and its second floors once served as a hotel after being built in 1917. The second floor is now home to apartments. 04-07

 

 

El Tiradito
Tucson, AZ
Photos courtesy Gorb70

 

Tucson is home to the "wishing shrine" which is El Tiradito. El Tiradito is the grave and shrine to a young sheepherder named Juan who was a murder victim of a 1870's love triangle. This is said to be the only shrine in the United States dedicated to the soul of a sinner buried in consecrated ground. More information can be found at the Tucson Downtown Alliance site. 04-07

 

 

Reilly Building
Tucson, AZ
Photo and info courtesy Gorb70

The Reilly Funeral Home building was built in 1909 in Tucson, AZ. Located on Pennington, the business shut its doors in 1990. 04-07

 

 

 

 

QUICK LINKS


 

 

 

 

 

 

© Copyright 1998-2017 Syd Nagoshi. All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be reproduced, copied or revised without written permission of the author.